History and Views Sightseeing Tour
Ano Mera is the second bigger village after Mykonos Town and is one of the oldest villages of Mykonos. It offers a few luxurious hotels and some rooms and studios for rent. It is a quiet village where locals are continuing their everyday life without being interrupted by a crowd of tourists, as is happening all the time in the capital. Near Ano Mera is the interesting monastery of Panagia Tourliani which main church houses a superb collection of icons made by a Cretan painter and holy vessels and vestments. The wonderful bell-tower and marble fountain are in the courtyard of the monastery and are worth-seeing.
MONASTERY PANAGIA TOULIANI
The monastery of Panagia Tourliani is placed 8km far from Chora town, in Ano Mera village. The construction was originally built in 1542 by two priests.
The architecture of the monastery is rather impressive, with a whitewashed exterior and a colored dome. A beautiful marble fountain is found in the yard outside the church. In the interior of the church, we can see an impressive wooden iconostasis (altar screen) made in 1775 by Florentine artists. There are icons of apostoles and saints on the iconostasis as well as scenes from the New Testament.
NEW PORT - SAINT STEFANOS BEACH
Cruise along the coast line towards Saint Stefanos beach. Your driver can stop at any point for photo opportunities with the whole of west side of the island, including Mykonos town as your backdrop. Saint Stefanos is a peaceful beach with calm waters and soft sand. There are areas along the beach to sit and watch where the tranquil Mediterranean sea meets clear blue skies.
CHOULAKIA - MYTHOLOGY
This site appears in ancient Greek mythology as the point where the battle between Zeus and the Titans occurred. The smooth rocks that cover the beach are thought to be the remains of the titans and under the beach the prison that Zeus created to hold the Titans captive.
Built in 1891, the Armenistis Lighthouse is situated on the north-western tip of Mykonos, overlooking the strait that separates the island of Tinos from Mykonos. Due to its high elevation the view from this location is a particularly memorable scenic attraction.
- We are a family business with expert local knowledge of the island and offer professional drivers, who will both assist & inform.
- Our company has been developing since 1969 encapsulating three generations of local expertise.
- Our approach is simple: to use our local knowledge of the island to provide our clients with the highest service standards.
- Our mission is providing the perfect tours for your memorable holiday.
MYKONOS GETAWAY PRIVATE TOURS
- Do it like the locals, every guest is welcomed as a friend.
- Experience the best the island has to offer on one of our private island tours.
- The tour includes a private mini-bus with a driver and English-speaking tour guide.
- Your tour guide will show you the fantastic attractions and highlights of the island whilst tailoring the tour if you have any special requests.
- If you are on a cruise ship that stops in Mykonos for a few hours, this may be the perfect opportunity to explore the island in the short amount of time you have.